Friday, February 03, 2006

Don't let the Bedbugs Bite

Last night I was at a rental property owner’s association meeting in the Albany area. There was an exterminator there who said he’s had one call for bedbugs in the last 10 years, and ten calls in the last month. Then he asks me you guys got ‘em down in Jersey?

“Nope.”

This afternoon I got a call from my exterminator, who never calls me. Guess what? One of my units called to complain about bedbugs. They called me to okay the treatment, which is not included in my contract, and costs $375. The tenant balked at the cost without even hearing what it was. I approved the treatment because I don’t want it spreading throughout the building, and ultimately it will end up in my lap anyway.

You’ve been warned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.